Quality Manager - CRT1021
Our Client provides a wide range of fiber and copper cable products, quickly and reliably. They provide both custom made fiber optic and copper assemblies, enabling one-stop shopping to save both time and money. Their depth of experience permits customers to depend on us to deliver the right product with their need is critical.
Our Client understands that “Time is Money!” They manufacture a wide selection of assemblies that meet their customer’s special needs, whatever they might be. They stock most cables, connectors, and adapters. Their “Just-in-Time” manufacturing techniques enable them to fill orders for much needed cables with No Minimum, Drop Ship Penalty, or Blanket Requirement.
They have applied ISO procedures to improve their manufacturing processes, collect and analyze product data, and measure customer satisfaction in order to continually improve the quality of our products and services. Fiber optic cables are tested and serialized for traceability. All test data is archived at our factory so that it can be retrieved when needed. Test data is included with the cables when they are shipped.
Primary responsibility is to lead a Quality Management system that cost-effectively exceeds the expectations of their customers. The Quality Manager will be responsible to align production processes to standard procedures and to research and develop processes that generates exceptional results promoting accountability and visibility through metric development and timely communication. The Quality Manager will also promote continuous improvement efforts throughout all aspects of the organization founded on a culture of training and team building.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership that achieves improvement in processes, products, and operations
- Manage the production and capacity planning activities
- Identify best practices and serve as a change agent that provides a path forward for implementation, measurement, and results management
- Develop and communicate performance metrics in a method and manner that becomes actionable and accountable
- Facilitate improvements utilizing six sigma and lean initiatives such as 5S, elimination of muda, leader standard work, and seven deadly wastes
- Support management in decision making process
- Maintain certifications and coordinate audits for ISO 9001 Certification
- Research and implement certifications and /or initiatives that will make the organization competitive in the market
- Industrial Engineering Degree REQUIRED
- Prefer Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Three to Five years of management and / or research experience
- Three “Plus” years of Quality Management Experience in a Fiber Optic manufacturing environment
- Must Be conscientious, take initiative and be willing to assume responsibility
- Must Be a self-motivated and have a strong desire to help people succeed in their jobs
- Must Have a personal need to self-improve
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must Have strong computer skills
Base Salary from $85 K to $105 K+ (DOE)