Plant Engineer - CRT1029
My client has recently sold off a portion of their business and thus their yearly total revenue has dropped to around $50 – $70 Million a year with approximately a total head count of between 90-100 full time employees. This privately owned OEM has been in business for over 100 years and continues to market and sell their products internationally.
Their product is for a niche market that they have worked in for over a century and they continue to grow that market. Theirs is a special product produced with a very high level of quality and due to their stringent manufacturing guidelines their product increases the life of their customers business.
Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of all personnel (company and contract) involved in the maintenance, alteration and repair of equipment, buildings, structures and facilities, the movement, installation, repair and overhaul of machines, tools and plant equipment and the formulation and effective implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all associates
- Coordinate planning and scheduling, maintain machines, equipment and facilities, buildings, structures etc. at the most economical minimum loss
- of production time and without interruption of production schedules
- Responsible for direct reports across multiple shifts, including hiring,
- directing activities, training and developing skills, appraising, rewarding
- and disciplining performance
- Monitor environmental conditions to ensure compliance and work closely with environmental agency personnel and consultants on resolutions to environmental and safety issues
- Research, plan and prepare Capital Appropriation Requests for approval relative to procurement of capital equipment, expansion construction, major maintenance projects, service contracts, etc.
- Maintain close surveillance over operations to assure schedules, quality of
- workmanship, utilization of personnel and trade skills, through proper diagnosis of machine and equipment malfunction and to analyze extent or scope of needed maintenance
- Ensure reliable operation of plant equipment and develop methods to enhance or upgrade manufacturing processes to eliminate waste, reduce cost and improve overall production productivity
- Responsible for development and execution of preventative maintenance programs based on vendor recommendations
- Supervise inventories of machine replacement parts, materials and supplies to see that such are maintained at proper levels
- Works with engineering and maintenance to develop and execute long- range programs, to include capacity planning, equipment and strategic capital investments
- Work constructively with the Operations team to resolve issues, improve plant productivity and resolve technical and engineering problems that affect day to day operations
- Keep well informed on new developments and techniques in the engineering, maintenance and managerial fields related to plant engineering
- Responsible for identification, documentation, segregation, evaluation and disposition of non-conforming product, services and systems
- All department processes and procedures documented and the appropriate individual(s) trained and cross-trained as necessary
- Degree in Engineering or related field (Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial)
- Vocational and / or apprenticeship trades training
- 5+ years’ Experience in Product / Manufacturing environment
- ISO and Product Management Knowledge / Experience
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC
- control systems
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Communication Skills
- Familiarity with MRPII preferred
This position is eligible for their Bonus Plan. The Base Salary will be, DOE, between $70 – 100K. They have an overall Excellent Benefits Package plus 401K and relocation assistance.