Mortgage Lender - CRT1038
Our Client has been in the banking business for over 70 years and has over $1.5 Billion in Assets operating out of 20+ locations with over $1 Billion in Loans. They are growing and currently have over 300+ employees.
Serves as a market specialist for residential mortgage lending processes. Ensures market compliance with bank lending policies and procedures, particularly as it relates to residential mortgage lending. Responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise regarding RESPA and HUD regulations and requirements. Makes and services residential mortgage loans and maintains a high quality loan portfolio to minimize loss to the Bank. Exercises ongoing proficiency with both secondary market and in-house residential mortgage loans.
Serves as the resident authority for residential mortgage lending for the designated market area or group of branch office(s). Maintains a highly specialized level of knowledge regarding current RESPA and HUD regulations and requirements. Attends specific and focused training and applies that training and knowledge to ensure the bank’s compliance.
Acts as a lender of expertise with regards to Truth in Lending (Regulation Z) and other lending regulations.
Attains and exercises ongoing proficiency with both secondary market and in- house residential mortgage loans. Provides direction and guidance to other lenders in these areas.
Develops and originates a quality residential mortgage loan portfolio to obtain the bank’s loan growth objectives. Accepts, counsels, analyzes, collects and reviews required documents to initiate the loan process. Monitors loan portfolio to correct loan document exceptions and services the loan portfolio to reduce past dues and charge offs.
Responsible for ensuring deposit growth to obtain the bank’s deposit growth objectives by promoting the bank’s products and services and making referrals. Monitors and makes decisions on assigned DDA accounts, if applicable, related to overdrafts, service charges, return items, charge backs, etc.
Communicates and implements new ideas and marketing strategies within branch market area to improve sales, cross-sells, marketing, and staff development.
Implements corporate culture through reinforcement of quality service and teamwork.
Develops mortgage business through expansion, retention, and development strategies. Utilizes available and effective technology resources as appropriate.
Provides effective training to peers regarding mortgage lending policies, procedures, regulations, laws, and technology.
Ensures compliance with bank lending policy and procedures and regulatory procedures.
Represents the bank in civic and community activities to promote the image of the bank in the branch market area.
Works as a team member to maintain a high level of employee morale to minimize turnover and maximize customer service satisfaction.
Daily contact with bank customers and branch staff. Frequent contact with other branch and department managers.
This position reports directly to the Senior Lending Officer or the Regional Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Eight Years experience in a financial institution in a direct lending function.
- Specialized and comprehensive knowledge of banking rules and regulations, particularly as it relates to residential mortgage lending.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in quality lending decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- Familiar with the bank’s core accounting system.
- Ability to work independently and as a team with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of personal computer and related word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of various banking departments.
- Management skills including organizing, planning, delegating and interpersonal skills.
Base Salary between $45 K—This is Fixed at this level to start. Commission Opportunity paid Monthly.
- Incentive compensation, paid on a monthly basis, equal to 0.50% of the dollar volume of loans booked
- Incentive compensation, paid on a monthly basis, equal to 0.65% of the dollar volume of loans booked after attainment of a $10 million annual production level
- Incentive compensation for booked interim construction loans shall be paid at the same rate(s) described above and shall be calculated based on one half of the loan amount
- Incentive compensation for refinances of existing in-house mortgage loans will be equal to 0.15% of the dollar volume of the loan
- Loan production shall be single family mortgages, residential lot loans, home improvement, home equity, and home equity lines of credit
Excellent Health & 401K Benefits, Relocation Assistance if needed.