VP Asset Management, O & M - CRT1041
Our client is located in Houston, Texas and is in the management business dealing with power generation plants in Canada, the USA, Mexico and with plans to move into South American. They are in the Renewable Energy sector and deal with natural gas transmission and distribution. As an example, they have a 972 Megawatt gas fired power cogeneration plant on the East coast of the US and several similar plant scattered through North American and Mexico.
The VP Asset Management – O&M is primarily responsible for effectively managing the North American regional portfolio P/L (i.e., costs and revenues) with a focus on optimizing plant operations and maintenance, plant efficiency, third party O&M agreements and OEM contract strategies as well as maintaining and developing power industry relationships and keep up to date on power industry technology. The VP Asset Management – O&M will also manage the portfolio in accordance with the risk parameters/guidelines set forth by the organization.
This position will interface with Technical contractors, Plant Operations & Maintenance (staff and third party contractors) and Asset Management contractors on a broad range of key issues related to the successful operations of power projects. He or she will possess a high degree of technical expertise in the electric generation business sector, with emphasis on the technical operations and maintenance.
1. Portfolio & Asset Management
- Responsible for oversight of the optimization of Company’s generation portfolio.
- Manage regional power generations assets technical and O&M oversights, through interactions with Asset Management contractors, third party O&M contractors and major power industry OEM.
- Establish and maintain effective contacts and business relationships to successfully execute the daily operations and maintenance of Our Client’s facilities, through cooperation with contractors, partners, plant staff, CTO department and Our Client’s organization.
- Actively track and report the status of Our Client’s regional assets to Regional CTO, Our Client’s International office and senior management on a regular basis.
- Perform Monthly technical calls with all relevant assets to insure adherence to approved Business Plans.
- Responsible for management, investigation, reconciliation and resolution of issues related to technical failures and inefficiencies at Our Client’s plants.
- Conduct regularly scheduled audits and inspections of Our Client’s plants in order to insure good standards of O&M in accordance to industry and Our Client’s standards.
2. Contract Management
- Actively manage/update annual / monthly budget progress & variance with third party operators and Asset Management contractors in order to insure budget adherence.
- Responsible for negotiating third party O&M agreements, LTSA / CSA agreements and other OEM related agreements in order to optimize plant cost efficiency.
- Collaborate with VP Asset Management - Commercial and Energy Management contractors to optimize related power and fuel trades.
3. Operational / Regional Leadership
- Liaise with Assets Commercial team.
- Work with Chief Technical Officer, Third party O&M contractors, Asset Management Contractors and direct Operations to support optimization/management of daily operations & maintenance.
- Work with Chief Technical Officer, VP AM / Commercial, Asset Management Contractors to review optimization strategy(s) results to determine effectiveness and to propose new and modified strategies.
- Validate Accounting accrual and PPA’s including meeting with Risk, Operations and Accounting to understand and approve volumetric reconciliation and accruals.
- Prepare for, and participate in Weekly and Daily Sales/Structuring calls and provide meaningful market information for “Weekly Report” which is distributed internally/externally.
- Provide updates to Structuring to support Weekly Asset Management Report Framework.
4. Technical Knowledge
- Actively monitor industry technological improvements in order to stay updated on industry improvements.
- Liaise closely with OEM’s of main equipment and join technical conference of OEM’s inn order to be updated on generation market main equipment and services.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, independent thinker with commercial savvy.
- Must Have excellent knowledge of the IPP power generation business in Americas.
- Must Demonstrate strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and approachability throughout the organization.
- Robust Knowledge of power generation equipment including gas fired turbines, steam turbines, HRSG’s, transformers, ACC, solar and wind power equipment is REQUIRED.
- Ability to manage multiple highly complex assignments and meet deadlines on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on PI, Maximo, SAP ERP, Excel, Word and other CMM related platforms.
- Math, Business, Finance, Engineering degree required.
- 20 Years power related experience.
- Completed 4 yr. degree in Business or Finance or Management or Engineering
- Prefer MBA
Compensation & BENEFITS
The base wage range is $185K to $220K and the STI is 20% (target) of annual base salary.
Paid Leave Benefits
- Holiday - 13 paid holidays per year
- Summer Leave - 3 paid summer-time off (to be taken between July 1 and September 30)
- Vacation - Prorate 15 days for the hired year, 15 days for the 1st full employment year, 20 days for the 2nd & up full years
- Sick Leave - Accrue 1 day per month (12 paid days per year)
- Bereavement Leave - 3 to 10 days based on the relationship to deceased
- Jury Duty - Up to 10 working days
- Medical (PPO Plan) - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- Prescription Plan - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- Dental Plan - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- Vision Plan - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- Company Match - 50% of the first 6% of the Participant’s elective deferral