Project Sr. Commercial Analyst - CRT1056
Our client is located in Houston, Texas and is in the management business dealing with power generation plants in Canada, the USA, Mexico and with plans to move into South American. They are in the Renewable Energy sector and deal with natural gas transmission and distribution. As an example, they have a 972 Megawatt gas fired power cogeneration plant on the East coast of the US and several similar plant scattered through North American and Mexico.
The Project Sr. Commercial Analyst conducts quantitative analyses of information affecting investment projects for Our Client.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide fundamental analysis of North American Wholesale Nodal Power Markets including: PJM, NYISO, ISONE, MISO, or others to support portfolio optimization.
- Collect, analyze, and present commercial and operational data to management monthly, quarterly, or as needed.
- Daily monitor and report on power plant activity.
- Assist in the continual maintenance of applicable software systems used by the Commercial Asset Management team.
- Provide clear market analysis to assist in decision making for hedge strategies.
- Assist in onboarding new project on an as needed basis
- Manage and update financial models of operating projects
- Challenging and validating modelling approaches via back-testing
- Run scenarios using existing project model and/or self-created models to ensure decision-making is being informed by thorough analysis.
- Represent Commercial Department at project team meetings to effectively communicate market/project analysis.
- Assist in building models, tools, process and infrastructure that supports the organization's accuracy, efficiency and scalability.
- Coordinate with many different departments internally to update structured financial models.
- Develop and foster relationships with various departments while continually seeking opportunities to improve processes.
- Support any strategic initiatives within Asset and help with preparing presentations for Sr. Management.
- Other tasks as required
- Excellent knowledge of power markets and fundamental drivers
- Strong understanding of LMP based Wholesale Power Markets
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to get things done under pressure.
- Desire to work in team oriented culture
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Discretion and Confidentiality
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are established between the employee and the supervisor.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field. (Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science or other quantitative field with business or finance experience is also suitable)
- Five Years of energy or infrastructure industry experience in a project finance or fund administration role.
- Project Finance modeling experience.
- Ability to operate Financial Engineering Associates (FEA) software.
- Database expertise (proficiency in Excel).
- Financial statement preparation.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Modeling project finance transactions in power generation sector.
- The base wage range is $100K to $140K and the STI is 20% (target) of annual base salary for the position.
- 13 paid holidays per year
- 3 paid summer-time off (to be taken between July 1 and September 30)
- Accrue 1 sick day per month (12 paid days per year)
- 3 to 10 days Bereavement Leave based on the relationship to deceased
- Up to 10 working days Jury Duty
- Medical (PPO Plan) - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution
- Prescription Plan - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- Dental Plan - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- Vision Plan - Company pays 100% of the premiums (No employee contribution)
- 401(k) Company Match - 50% of the first 6% of the Participant’s elective deferral