Commercial Lending Officer - CRT1064
Our Client has been in the banking business for over almost 90 years and has over $2.2 Billion in Assets operating out of 36+ locations with over $1 Billion in Loans and a Loan Production Office. They are growing and currently have over 500+ employees.
Responsible for the development of new commercial business and expanding existing commercial customer relationships. Makes and services a variety of commercial and commercial real estate loans and maintains a high-quality loan portfolio to minimize loss to the Bank. Ensures compliance with bank lending policies and procedures.
- Exercises authority concerning staffing, training, performance appraisals, promotions, career development, salary actions and terminations of subordinate personnel.
- Maintains a high level of employee morale to minimize turnover and maximize customer service satisfaction.
- Develops a quality commercial loan portfolio to obtain the bank’s loan growth objectives. Evaluates, analyzes, and interprets data regarding real property, investments, pricing, market stability, and future trends, by means of information provided within securities publications, financial materials and documents, and personal interviews. Counsels with customers throughout the loan process. Negotiates terms and structures and underwrites loans with significant lending authority authorized by the Board of Directors. Monitors loan portfolio to correct loan document exceptions and services the loan portfolio to reduce past dues and charge offs.
- Summarizes data expressing current and long-term trends in investment risks, as well as calculable economic pressures relevant to the condition of investments. May conduct research to further support decisions and make analyses to compare varying degrees of risk for potential losses. May suggest alternative lending measures during unfavorable financial trends.
- Responsible for ensuring deposit growth to obtain the bank’s deposit growth objectives by promoting the bank’s products and services. Monitors and makes decisions on assigned DDA accounts related to overdrafts, service charges, return items, charge backs, etc. for commercial customers.
- Communicates and implements new ideas and marketing strategies within branch market area to improve sales, cross-sells, marketing, and staff development.
- Implements corporate culture through reinforcement of quality service and teamwork
- Develops commercial business through expansion, retention, and development strategies
- Ensures compliance with bank lending policy and procedures and regulatory procedures.
- Represents the bank in civic and community activities to promote the image of the bank in the branch market area.
- Provides guidance and support as needed to consumer lenders.
Daily contact with bank customers and branch staff. Frequent with other branch and department managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ten Years experience in a financial institution in a direct lending function.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in quality lending decision-making skills.
- Excellent Analytical and Comparison Skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Leadership and Coaching skills.
- Three years of commercial real estate lending experience.
- Formal credit training.
- Familiar with the bank’s core accounting system.
- Proficiency with business math.
- Strong background in business law.
- Ability to work independently and as a team with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of personal computer and related word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of various banking departments.
- Management skills including organizing, planning, delegating and interpersonal skills
Base Salary, DOE, will be between $90-130K. This position is eligible for incentive compensation.
They have exceptional benefits for employees and their family; a generous vacation program and PTO and 401K.