Sr. Commercial Lender - CRT1057
Our Client has been in the banking business for over almost 90 years and has over $2.2 Billion in Assets operating out of 36+ locations with over $1 Billion in Loans and a Loan Production Office. They are growing and currently have over 500+ employees.
Our Banking Client is looking for an experienced senior commercial lender who is capable of doing his or her own preliminary underwriting, ideally has experience in both a big bank and a community bank environment, and a proven ability to develop new business. Initially, this person may not have a dedicated support staff so they will need to be self-sufficient and independent.
This Sr. Commercial Lender administers the marketing, credit underwriting, negotiating, closing, and monitoring of existing and prospective customers with complex borrowing needs. Responsible for business development activities to attract qualified commercial banking clients.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Follows all lending policies, procedures, and applicable laws to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the commercial loan function.
- Initiates and cultivates new loan relationships for the bank through active business development efforts including calls, visits and community involvement. Refers prospects to the appropriate resources with Our Client.
- Analyzes, approves or refers commercial loans by:
- Interviewing applicants to develop financial and credit information, define banking needs, assess management abilities, analyze financial strength and determine the risk associated with the request.
- Insuring the complete analysis of all financial, industry, and management information.
- Evaluating and structuring credit terms in accordance with lending policies
- Preparing, presenting, and recommending loan requests to the appropriate loan committees for approval.
- Insuring proper loan documentation is prepared and reviewed.
- Maintains existing customer base by:
- Maintaining periodic contact with customers to determine any banking needs, financial trends, changes in the organization or industry, and general goodwill.
- Cross selling new and existing products and services to customers.
- Evaluating and structuring credit requests in accordance with lending policies.
- Examining and determining appropriate actions for overdrafts, past due payments, collateral and credit exceptions.
- Participates actively in the bank's marketing programs, community involvement projects, and banking organizations.
- Engages in the collection effort of problem loans to reduce the bank's loss.
- Acts as relationship manager and responsible for:
- Establishing and/or maintaining primary contact relationships with targeted customers to maximize the lifetime value of these key relationships.
- Proactively providing a full range of financial/banking services to customers with the assistance of the appropriate partners throughout the organization.
- Building loyalty and driving profitable revenue growth by applying key customer relationship management principles including:
- Resolving immediate customer concerns and account issues;
- Actively managing a portfolio of targeted/high-value customers and/or segments of customers;
- Developing and executing targeted client retention and expansion activities (develop and secure new business from existing portfolio base);
- New customer acquisition activities, ensuring a more effective identification and cultivation of potentially high-value relationships;
- Working to ensure that a coordinated and consistent message reaches targeted customers across all delivery/servicing channels.
- Demonstrating strong solution-oriented sales and communications skills and effectively establishing rapport and credibility with customers.
- Demonstrating leadership and team-building skills.
- Having a broad knowledge of financial services and products with a customer-centric vision.
- Meet and maintain financial responsibility, character and general fitness standards along with all other established requirements for an individual Loan Originator in accordance with Regulation Z.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed.
Work Experience Requirements
- 12+ years Commercial Lending experience as relationship manager with demonstrated business development experience.
- Demonstrated credit analysis/underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of commercial loan and deposit/treasury products.
- Excellent verbal and Written communication skills.
- Formal sales and/or credit training is preferred
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience is required.
- MBA; Degree in finance, real estate or accounting is preferred.
- ersonal computer proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Base Salary, DOE, starts around $130 -$230 K plus performance bonus opportunity