Senior Network AND System Engineer - CRT1019
Our client is an International Non-Profit Mission oriented organization serving, without cost to their patients, a wide variety of medical needs by a fully volunteer and highly skilled and trained medical staff. Our client offers a wide variety of surgical procedures to third world countries where those services do not exist
In addition to the technical skills listed below, the successful candidate also has to have a “buy in” to the Christian Mission upon which our client’s organization is based. This candidate needs to have an open heart and mind to our client’s faith statement and mission to honor their deeply rooted belief in God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
The Senior Network & System Engineer’s role is the design, installation, and connectivity of network and system infrastructure, organization wide. This individual will act as a team lead for the IT Infrastructure Team and a subject matter expert in multiple areas of IT Infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty efficiently, with no supervision necessary.
- Designing communication system (network, system, etc….) architecture to accommodate growth and changes in workplace environment.
- Implementing changes and configuring equipment.
- Managing configurations, troubleshooting, provisioning and coordinating 3rd party systems integration.
- Developing and maintaining system and configuration documentation.
- Participating in all relevant meetings to answer technical questions about the network and system infrastructure.
- Analyzing system performance to ensure high system availability and accessibility.
- Collaborates with other IT Infrastructure team members to successfully and seamlessly integrate communications systems with the production TCP/IP network.
- Advanced ability to design, build, implement, maintain and troubleshoot communications systems including IP Telephony, VDI, AD, IP Routing, WAN Optimization, A/V.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Solid experience in delivering complex and technical, enterprise-wide solutions including planning, development, rollout, and support of enterprise architecture.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server services and RedHat Linux operations.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Network Configuration, routing, and security.
- Strong understanding of VoIP phone implementation.
- Understanding of a wide range of Data Center builds and implementations.
- Excellent experience in infrastructure virtualization and data storage solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving capabilities.
- Supportive of Our Client’s mission and vision, and committed to its core values.
- Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years in network and server administration (BOTH—NOT EITHER OR)
- PREFER a 4 year Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Related Field and Equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent PREFERRED
- MCSE or VCP6 PREFERRED
- CCNP R&S REQUIRED
- Successful completion of Our Client’s On Boarding program will be REQUIRED within the first year.
- Experience working in “Complex Systems"
Base Salary $60-75 K; Benefits Program; Temp. Housing